Sclerotherapy in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Treat spider and reticular veins.
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure to treat uncomplicated spider and reticular veins. The treatment involves the injection of a solution into affected veins. Each session typically lasts 15-45-minutes.
SCLEROTHERAPY IS A MINIMALLY INVASIVE TREATMENT WITH LITTLE TO NO DOWNTIME FOR THE TREATMENT OF SPIDER AND RETICULAR VEINS.
What is Sclerotherapy
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure to treat uncomplicated spider and reticular veins. The treatment involves the injection of a solution into affected veins.
What are spider veins?
- Very small, fine, red or blue veins , less than 1mm in diameter
- Lie closer to the surface of the skin than varicose veins
- Visible on the legs and face
- May cover small or large areas
What are small varicose veins?
- Small blood vessels 1-3 mm in diameter
- May enlarge due to increased pressure in the vein or from weakened vein valves
- Can appear alone or with spider veins
How does Asclera work?
Asclera is a sclerosing agent that is injected into the vein. It works by damaging the endothelium, the inside lining of blood vessels. This causes blood platelets and cellular debris to attach to the lining of the vessels. Eventually, cellular debris and platelets cause the blood vessel to clot. Over time, the clotted vein will be replaced with tissue.
Asclera is contraindicated for patients with known allergy to polidocanol, patients with acute thromboembolic diseases (blood clotting), and pregnant or nursing.
How can I prepare for treatment?
Before the day of your procedure:
- Purchase medium-grade compression stockings (20 to 30mmHg) to wear after the procedure to
- Help maintain blood flow
- Reduce discomfort and swelling
- Support healing
- Reduce risk of deep vein thrombosis
On the day of treatment:
- Avoid shaving your legs or applying lotion
- Wear loose comfortable clothing that allows access to the treatment area
What should I expect during the treatment?
- Each session typically lasts 15 to 45 minutes
- Antiseptic will be used to clean the treatment area
- A very fine needle will be used to inject Asclera into the treated veins.
- A slight stinging may accompany each injection.
Because every patient is different, each treatment and its results will vary. Factors include varicose vein severity, disease progression, skin tone, and extent of recommended treatments.
What do I need to do after a treatment?
Please wear your compression stockings day and night for 2-3 days if treated for spider veins, 5 to 7 days if treated for reticular veins. Continue to wear them as needed for the following 2 to 3 weeks.
You should also walk 15-20 minutes immediately after treatment and daily for a few days.
What should I not do after a treatment?
For 2 to 3 days following the treatment, avoid:
- Heavy exercise
- Long plane flights
- Hot baths, hot tubes, or saunas
What potential changes are common after treatment?
- Raised red areas
- Small skin sores
- Darkened skin in the form of lines or spots
- Multiple tiny red blood vessels
These side effects usually go away within a few days to several weeks. Some side effects make take months or years to resolve.
ZO Skin Health
ZO Skin Health
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE THE STEP TOWARDS BETTER, YOUNGER LOOKING SKIN?
Simply call us at (954) 439-3042 or click the button below
to book an appointment with us.